E Book Development

Above are the first stage images where i was experimenting with typography placement within a few different photo compositions. I also edited the photograph of the pizza, making it brighter and aesthetically more appealing.

After i upload the previous images onto a MAC computer they looked rather dark so i went back and lightened the image a lil more. I thought the photo used in the examples above gave the impression that the viewer was being offered the pizza, making the cover more inviting. It also gave me enough room to add text without it interfering to much with the image of the pizza. I experimented with different type fonts to see which worked best and i’ve narrowed it down to image 5 & 6. I wanted a handwritten feel to the type as i felt it added a more personal feel to the design. The overall theme for this front cover was that the pizza has freshly been taken out of the cob oven.

Above are the two slightly different design for the 2nd recipe page. I wanted the background for this page to be rather simple as more information had to be displayed on it. I thought adding the flour on the background would add a nice subtle link to the bread recipe but on the down side this made parts of the text a little harder to read. I tried using a background without the flour but i felt this looked a bit plain compared.

page 2 recipes finallllll

In the above image i have added a slight burn to some areas using Photoshop which has made it easier to read the white text.

PIZZA PAGE 1 final

Above is the near final pizza recipe page. I wanted the page to be vibrant surrounded by optional toppings for your pizza along with the ingredients for making the pizza dough. It was difficult to judge where to place certain items but i think i succeeded in creating a nice balance between the image and text, also the way the food is placed draws your eyes down towards the recipe.

The above images are possible compositions for the back page. I wanted it to look as though the pizza on the front cover has been eaten and now all thats left are a few slices. I thought this creates a nice link between the front and back pages.

Above are my final two choices accompanied with my final design for the back cover of the ebook. I wanted to keep a link between the back and the front and thought the design i’ve chosen allows me to apply text and information clearly while creating an element of play between text and image.

Above are a few sketches where i started to think about the shape of the take away/ pizza box and also how i would display the information on the seed paper. I think the traditional pizza box shape will work best for my artifact because it links to one of the pages i’ve designed within my ebook and also the front cover.

VE EMILY final print with text v1ggg

Above is a rough design of how the text might look. I tried to find a legible hand written font for the seed paper design. Although this type face is fun and works nicely it’s not the same font as the ones i’ve chosen for my e book. I’ve chosen not to use this font as i want to create a link between my e book and artifact.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s